Monday, May 22, 2006

Jez's Gone

Jez’s gone. Left. I’m devastated but, in a way, I don’t blame him. We tried to make it together in an artificial situation, in a place where neither of us belonged, when neither of us was settled. So no wonder it didn’t work.

And the last week has been absolutely chaotic. There’s Horace for a start, all over the place, going on about finding Lucy and Leo when none of us knows where they are. I knew he was getting on Jez’s nerves and I’m not surprised. Expecting him to do stuff on the computer that he really wasn’t able to do. I did my best to help Horace, tried to find out information for him. Asking everyone questions, looking through the cellar, things like that. Have to say I’ve got quite close to old Horace. He’s had a tough life really, lost contact with his twin brother, Charles, and now he’s looking for his twin children, especially Lucy, and getting nowhere.

And the other thing is, I’m doing some work for AP, well not directly for AP, there are other people in charge but he’s the one I’m sending information to. Don’t understand it really, what I’m doing, but it seems to be going OK, no complaints yet anyway.

So, all in all, I’ve been running round like a fool for a week. No time to post in my blog or anything. Life should be a bit easier now. Jez’s gone, which is a shame, but now I don’t even have to pretend to respond to those come-to-bed eyes. It wasn’t that I wasn’t interested, it was just that I didn’t have time.

My job for Jemima finishes this week as well. Holber’s coming back to work on Thursday. And I think Horace will be going soon too, I think he’s learnt all he can and it’s obvious Jemima doesn’t want to be around.

I think it’s coming to decision time. Do I stay here? Do I carry on working for AP when I know there’s more to it than appears on the surface and there might come a point where I’m involved so deep that I can’t get out? Sometimes having money isn’t worth the price to pay. So maybe I should go back to Manchester and being a nurse. My four weeks unpaid leave is nearly up and my job and my flat are waiting for me.

But the other thing is, I’ve had an email from Helium. He’s doing one of his balloon installations in Central Park soon. It will be an enormous balloon that reflects the sky for most of the time, but when it changes it will show the night sky (in the day) and the day sky (in the night). So one minute there’ll be a seemingly empty blue sky and the next there’ll be a big chunk of nighttime in the middle of it, complete with shooting stars and the moon. It starts on 28 May, which is my 36th birthday and I’m thinking that, maybe, I could go over to New York to see it. I could make that crunch time, time when I decide finally, home or carry on with this lucrative but suspicious deal AP’s sorted out for me. Maybe I could even meet up with him, talk face to face, find out more about what’s involved. I think that’s what I’ll do.

I’ve never been to Central Park. Or to New York if it comes to that. I wonder if there are bears in Central Park? Probably, because I’m pretty certain there’s gorillas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home