Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Rainy Tuesday

It’s raining really hard. I’m on a late, start work at 2 this afternoon. I was planning to go out this morning but having looked at the weather I’ve changed my mind.

I called Jez on Sunday. We talked for about an hour. He’s really nice to talk to. One of those people you can feel relaxed with, where you don’t have to watch what you say all the time. He’d been to see the narrow boat he’s interested in and he’s going to try and raise the money to buy it. I said “Don’t look at me for a loan,” and he laughed and said he knows about my debts and he wouldn’t even try. That’s what happens when people you know read your blog. He’s asked me to go down there on Saturday to have a look. I said I’d try but I’m supposed to be working. I’ll ask today if I can take Saturday off. Haven’t been able to ask before, the woman who sorts the rota has been off for Easter. Now, why doesn’t that surprise me?

I think I’ll go and watch some episodes of Scrubs now. I wish the people in the hospital where I work were more like them, laughing and joking and occasionally bursting into song (and looking like Turk). But like the rest of my life, it’s just a boring place. Maybe now Jez’s back, things will get better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home