Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Another One Gone

Horace has disappeared. Gone in the night. No message or anything. I'd been getting worried about him. He kept saying, “I’m being watched, I’m being watched,” and refusing to look at the window in case it was true. I never noticed anything but, I was so tired by then, I probably wouldn’t have noticed an elephant even if it stood on my toe. Just before he left, he told me he’d found something, a clue, about where Lucy is but he wouldn’t tell me what it was. Now I’ll never know.

And there’s another thing. When we discovered he’d gone, Jemima turned to me and said, “I know where Leo is.” There’d been a phone call from a nurse (another nurse!) telling her that he’s in some sort of hospital. She’s talking about visiting him and she wants me to go with her for moral support. I’ve said yes but that it will have to be quick because I’ll be getting out of here soon. My life just gets more and more complicated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home