Saturday, April 15, 2006

Jez

Did you see that Jez left me two messages on my last posting? See, I said the internet linked everyone together! He wants me to ring him. And I will but not today. Probably tomorrow (Sunday) in my break. I’m not ringing him today, even though it’s my day off, because he won’t be there. He’s going to look at a narrow boat with his friend Tim. Thinking about living in one. Sounds like a good idea to me. He needs to get away from his mother. So I’ll have to wait until Sunday to talk to him.


A strange thing happened yesterday. I was reading an article in The Guardian. I don’t usually look at the Guardian, it’s a bit intellectual for me but I’d gone to see our Kevin to tell him about my blog before he finds out for himself. I wanted to tell him to keep his mouth shut. Anyway, this article was about a couple getting in touch with each other again through a blog. The man, Graham, said he was in debt. It sounded a lot like me and Jez, except the opposite way around. Thing is, though, it was all a con and Graham wasn’t really Graham at all. I worried for a bit, thinking what if it’s not Jez? But then I remembered I have his phone number. His real phone number from when I knew him before. And I talked to his mother. And I’m not after his money which is probably a good thing because he hasn’t any as far as I remember. Athough narrow boats can be pretty expensive ….

Talking about debts and stuff, Ann’s been on at me to ring those loan people. I’ve been meaning to do it but I’ve been a bit busy, writing my blog and thinking about Jez and all that. But I will do it. Probably on my next day off which is Wednesday.

Oh, and I forgot to tell you. Some idiot company’s sent me a credit card. A few weeks ago I filled in an application form that fell out of a magazine. I didn’t think they’d send me one. But they did. Do these people not do credit checks? They’ve given me a credit limit of 10 grand. Stupid fools. It’s sitting there, on my coffee table, all red and gold and shiny. I’d cut it up but I can’t bring myself to do it. Think I’ll hide it somewhere then forget where I’ve put it.

BTW Brim, if you’re reading this, I’m sorry if I sounded a bit stroppy about you putting my blog address in your blog. I’m really really pleased you did because it means I can get in touch with Jez. It was just that it was a shock when I saw what you’d done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home